Skip to content Skip to footer

Halloween can be a festive and fun time for children and families. But for pets? Let’s face it, it can be a nightmare. Skip the stress and keep your pets safe this year by following these 10 easy tips.

1. TRICK-OR-TREAT CANDIES ARE NOT FOR PETS.

All forms of chocolate—especially baking or dark chocolate—can be dangerous, even lethal, for dogs and cats. Symptoms of chocolate poisoning may include vomiting, diarrhea, rapid breathing, increased heart rate, and seizures, it’s better to be safe than sorry.

2. DON’T LEAVE PETS OUT IN THE YARD ON HALLOWEEN.

Vicious pranksters have been known to tease, injure, steal, and even kill pets on Halloween night. Black cats are especially at risk from pranks or other cruelty-related incidents. In fact, many shelters do not adopt out black cats during the month of October as a safety precaution. Make sure your black cats are safely housed indoors around Halloween.

3. KEEP PETS CONFINED AND AWAY FROM THE DOOR.

Indoors is certainly better than outdoors on Halloween, but your door will be constantly opening and closing, and strangers will be on your doorstep dressed in unusual costumes. This, of course, can be scary for our furry friends, which can result in escape attempts or unexpected aggression. Putting your dog or cat in a secure crate or room away from the front door will reduce stress and prevent them from darting outside into the night…a night when no one wants to be searching for a lost loved one.

4. KEEP GLOW STICKS AWAY FROM PETS.

While glow sticks can help keep people safe on Halloween night, they can add some unwanted drama to the holiday if a pet chews one open. The liquid inside glow sticks is non-toxic, so it won’t actually make pets sick, but it does taste awful. Pets who get into a glow stick may drool, paw at their mouth, become agitated, and sometimes even vomit. If your pet does chew on a glow stick, offer some fresh water or a small meal to help clear the material out of the mouth.

5. KEEP HALLOWEEN PLANTS SUCH AS PUMPKINS AND CORN OUT OF REACH.

While small amounts of corn and pumpkin can be fed safely to many pets, ingesting uncooked, potentially moldy Halloween pumpkins or corn displays can cause big problems. Gastrointestinal upset is a possibility whenever pets eat something they aren’t used to, and intestinal blockage can occur if large pieces are swallowed.

Information shared from PETMD

If you and your friends are planning to celebrate Halloween in best costumes then visit Halloween Express San Diego. We have the best and largest selection of Halloween costumes, costume accessories, props, party supplies, home decor and decorations .

Leave a comment

0/5

204 E Via Rancho Pkwy, Escondido, CA 92025, United States

+1 760-487-7288

info@halloweenexpresssandiego.com

Get Fresh updates.
Just Subscribe